Bringing Pets into Thailand
The following requirements apply if you plan to bring your cat or dog into Thailand for 6 months or more by air as part of your accompanied baggage:
- Obtain an authorization to import your pet by air. This can be done at Bangkok International Airport.
- At the airport, you will need to:
- obtain an authorization form allowing you to transit animals via Thailand (Ror 6 form), or
- obtain a permission to bring animals into Thailand (Ror 7 form), and/or
- fill out an application form for special importation (Kor Sor Kor 102).
Please be advised that you may be required to pay fees for the above applications as well as import duties on your pet. Import duties are waived if your pet will be in Thailand for less than 6 months, but you will need to fill out a guarantee form and pay a deposit at the airport.
- Identity certificate signed in country of origin by a registered veterinarian, describing age, breed, sex, color, etc. of your pet.
- A Rabies vaccination certificate - your pet must be vaccinated at least 15 days prior to departure.
- A leptospirosis vaccination certificate - your pet must be vaccisnated at least 21 days prior to departure.
- Animal must be healthy and free from any sign of infectious or contagious disease.
- Animal must be residing in Canada for no less than 6 months before the departure date.
Presently, there are no quarantine restrictions on household pets coming into Thailand. Required for your pets' entry into Thailand is a Health Certificate and proof that your pets are protected from rabies. Both certificates must be dated no earlier than 30 days before the animals' arrival in Thailand.
Please keep in mind that bringing your pets home or to other countries from Thailand may require a lengthy quarantine period (i.e. England, Australia, New Zealand and the State of Hawaii).
Before transporting your pets to Thailand:
Initially, the documents which will be needed are:
- Contact your airline for transportation procedures and arrangements
- Prepare Certificates
- Contact the Quarantine Office at the Bangkok International Airport (Suvarnabhumi Airport) at firstname.lastname@example.org or (66) 2134-0636, (66) 2134-0637 prior to transportation.
After the process at the Quarantine Office, Customs Inspection is also required.
- Your passport
- Airway bill
- Health Certificates
- Import Entry Form (Kor Sor Kor 102) and other documents to be completed at the Quarantine Office
For further inquiries, please contact:
Pet Control Office
Bangkok International Airport
Arrival Lounge (Counter 7 & 8)
Tel: 0 2535-1210, 0 2535-1425
Bangkok Airport Customs Office
Tel. (66-2) 535-1269, 535-1153, 535-1680, 535-6463
Department of Livestock Development, Bangkok
Tel. (66-2) 251-5136, 252-6944
Or visit the Department's website at www.dld.go.th
If entry is by sea, an application must be made at the Department of Livestock Development.